The GW SMHS Office for Diversity and Inclusion, Anti-Racism Coalition (ARC) and Center for Faculty Excellence invite all SMHS faculty and staff to register and participate in our Fall 2022 Book Club discussion series on the book Under the Skin by Linda Villarosa.
This book club will consist of 3 sessions, one each month September through November, held virtually via Zoom. Participants are encouraged to attend all 3 sessions, but welcome to attend as available.
Attend if you:
- Have read the book, and want a place to discuss it
- Are interested in building your capacity for creating inclusive spaces in your workplace or the learning environment
All SMHS Faculty and Staff are invited.
Sessions will meet via Zoom, with a large-group introduction, followed by smaller breakout groups for discussion. Participants will be provided with a discussion guide to help facilitate conversation and learning.
- Session 1: September 20th, noon and September 21st, 5pm -6pm
- Session 2: October 18th, noon and October 19th, 5pm -6pm
- Session 3: November 15th, noon and November 16th, 5pm -6pm
Where to get the book
- Himmelfarb Library has the book available to read online!
- The book is available at most major booksellers. See below for a list of places to access the book:
- Most local public libraries have copies (though some may have waiting lists)
- The Office of Diversity and Inclusion has a limited number of copies that can be loaned out. Please contact ODI to request one of these copies.
You can register here for the book club. Once you have registered, you will be sent the Zoom meeting information.