SMHS Mid-Career Workshop
March 4th, 2023 8:00 am - 1:00 pm
The Mid-Career Development Workshop is a half-day and in-person professional development workshop designed for mid-level faculty. This workshop provides attendees with the knowledge and skills to pursue promotion to full professor. During the workshop, participants will learn about SMHS guidelines for promotion, listen to a panel presentation by senior faculty from clinical, basic, and health science departments who have served on the APT committee or successfully mentored faculty in their promotions, and hear from a Department Chair on advocating for mid-career faculty.
Faculty will learn what it takes to achieve “excellence”, to demonstrate a “sustained record of achievement” and how to develop the “national recognition” that promotion to full professor requires. Finally, attendees will have dedicated time during the workshop to develop their own plan for promotion.
By the end of this session faculty will be able to:
- Describe the requirements for promotion to Professor in both tenure and non-tenure tracks
- Identify strategies to raise their professional achievements to the level of professor
- Formulate a personal action plan for promotion
How to Apply
Applications are currently closed. Please check back for future offerings.
Applications will include the following:
- Your name, academic rank, department or division, email, and phone
- One paragraph about what you hope to take away from the workshop
Please direct any questions about The Mid-Career Development Workshop to the CFE, via email at email@example.com.