Mentoring has been shown to positively contribute to the satisfaction, success and retention of faculty in academic medicine. The SMHS Mentoring Resources have been developed to assist faculty at all career stages to:
- Define mentoring and different approaches
- Find mentors, both short- and long-term, and establish a mentoring network
- Create an Individual Development Plan
- Participate in effective mentoring meetings, both short- and long-term.
- Monitor progress in a long-term mentoring relationship
The resources are intended to be adaptable, and available when and as needed, to meet the diverse needs of faculty.
This toolkit provides resources to assist mentees and mentors in making the most of the mentoring relationship.
Micro-mentoring is an innovative approach to mentoring that allows opportunities for individual faculty members to seek guidance from other faculty.
Effective Mentoring Workshop
This workshop covers strategies for cultivating an effective mentor-mentee relationship. It can be scheduled for delivery at department/division meetings, retreats, etc.
For more information and to schedule a workshop contact the Center for Faculty Excellence at email@example.com.